The Missing Never Stops

I miss you 
And in all this time
The missing has never stopped 
Nor ever failed me
Even when I have tried to forget you
You remain in my mind
Centred around my heart
Hidden in my soul
Like the mixing of paint colours
I am a different hue 
Something deeper and a little more blue
I miss all your words 
And how they inspired mine
How you made me think and overthink and think again
And while we sometimes disagreed
That never meant we didn't also see 
Eye to I
I miss your music 
And all the ways the songs you sent sang to me
How a familiar tune became brand new 
And held the sentiments for feelings I could not express
I miss you in all of our tomorrows
The stories we could have written
And in yesteryear memories 
Learning your history
How I felt myself becoming a part of it
I was there with you 
Though neither of us knew it at the time
The feeling of one another 
Knowing you were out there 
Somewhere
Without a name
I miss you in those special moments 
The sunrises and sunsets
The bonfire nights with whisky on ice
The mornings filled with seduction
The long drives in fast cars, on motorbikes, and old trucks
Speeding along highways and slowly down back country roads
Finding ourselves once more in that cabin in the woods
Where we could be alone 
Without worrying about time
Because all of it was ours to spend
I miss the quiet coffees
And savoury french toast with salt and pepper instead of sweet syrup
The freshly caught fish that I would eat only because you wanted me to try
The roast chicken dinners with vegetables from your garden
I miss your hands 
And the way you smelled of earth and air and rain
You held thunderstorms within you and I felt the power
Every time we connected
I miss the electricity and heat and passion you contained
And the way you made love to me
So that my body became yours
Feeling and wanting you everywhere 
Within me
Now and always
Body, and heart, and soul

I miss you
I miss you
I miss you 
And the missing never stops




Comments